Beginners' Guides for How To Wear Shapewear
- 01 Jul, 2021
However you have come across such an apparel called shapewear, it can be quite a daunting task to not know how to put it on. Here is a guide for all you beautiful ladies who come in all shapes, shades, and sizes.
Let us make your job easier. First, decide which part of your body you would like to enhance. Then the next step is to familiarize yourself with some basic types of shapewear before you hit the stores and Durafits provides you with exactly that.
How Do You Put On Shapewear?
After you are done selecting your ideal shapewear, let us take you on a quick tour on how to put it on. For your ease, we have taken on the responsibility to do a full-body coverage Shapewear with tights and full body shaper.
1. Legs First
If you are going for a full-body coverage, always make sure that tights or trainer shorts are the first thing that you need to put on first. You might want to sit down for this. Place your feet inside and gently lift the tights upwards.
2. Stand Up To Make Adjustments
After you have lifted the tights upto your knees, stand up and pull the rest of the length upto your privates. Make sure that your posterior is placed perfectly otherwise, it can eventually drag the tights down.
3. Squat Up and Down
Squeezing up and down will help in final adjustments for the fabric to cover every little curve of your legs. Shake your legs to make sure that it is in the right place.
4. Putting On The Bodysuit
Pull up the shapewear bodysuit from the feet to your crotch area. Repeat the same process as above to make the adjustments. Pull up the torso area of the bodysuit gently and a slow release of the fabric will help your muscles adjust to it comfortably. Place your hands in the arms of the bodysuit and adjust the straps back and forth to make sure that it gives the desired look for your breasts.
- This is rule number 1. It is always bottom to top and never top to bottom. This rule applies for all shapewear, upper or lower. Getting stuck in a Shapewear might cause a panic attack or suffocation.
- Work through it with patience. It should not be a surprise if you start having pain or blue-black patches in certain parts of the body if it is not adjusted correctly.
- Never wear knickers if your shapewear has a crotch. This might end up with ugly lines that can be seen through your clothes.
- Be skin-ready. This means that your skin should be dry and not damp.
These are some basic kinds of shapewear but different brands such as Durafits shapewear have come up with many different types of specializations in-built in the various categories mentioned above. Additionally, brands have become much more inclusive of all body types and shades. Shoutout to all those brands who are breaking old norms and setting in-vogue standards in the fashion world.